Monday, December 10, 2007

A Christmas Meme

Sorry about the colors being all messed up! For some reason, it won't let me change the colors or bolding or underlining from when I copied and pasted it! And I can't get the underlining off of here! LOL

A CHRISTMAS MEME

WRAPPING PAPER OR GIFT BAGS?

Gift bags, for sure. I don't like wrapping presents, because I'm terrible at it.

REAL TREE OR ARTIFICIAL?

This year's tree is artificial, because of the drought. Usually we get a real tree.

WHEN DO YOU PUT UP THE TREE?

With the real tree, we didn't put it up until the middle of December. But with a fake tree, we can have it up longer! We put it up on November 30th, which is the earliest I've ever had a tree up!

WHEN DO YOU TAKE IT DOWN?

We usually take the tree down on New Year's Day, and I think we'll do that again this year.

FAVORITE HOLIDAY THEME?

I don't know what this means! Sorry!

FAVORITE GIFT RECEIVED AS A CHILD?

I can't really think of one particular gift. All of my Christmases were special, and I can't remember ever asking for anything that I didn't get.

DO YOU HAVE A NATIVITY SCENE?

Yep, but I haven't put it up since Reece was a baby! This year I purchased the playmobil nativity set and we have it under the tree.

HARDEST PERSON TO BUY FOR?

My mother. Anything she wants, she can already buy herself!

WHAT IS THE WORST CHRISTMAS GIFT YOU RECEIVED?

A 'pet turd'. I was a little girl and I can't remember who gave it to me, but I remember the feeling of opening the box and seeing a statue shaped as a pile of poo. I cried.

CHRISTMAS CARDS OR EMAIL CARDS?

Christmas cards

FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MOVIE?

How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and A Diva's Christmas Carol. I also love It's a Wonderful Life, and the original Miracle on 34th Street.

WHEN DO YOU START SHOPPING FOR CHRISTMAS?

Usually the day after Thanksgiving!

HAVE YOU EVER RECYCLED A CHRISTMAS GIFT? .

Yes.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING TO EAT ON CHRISTMAS?

White Madness, a candy I learned to make a couple of years ago.

WHITE LIGHTS OR COLORED LIGHTS ON YOUR TREE? .

Colored lights, but this fake tree came 'pre-lit' with white lights and they aren't too bad. .

FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SONGS?

Grown-Up Christmas List

Joseph's Lullaby

One Child

O Holy Night

Christmas Eve by Trans Siberian Orchestra


DO YOU TRAVEL FOR CHRISTMAS OR STAY HOME?

We stay home on Christmas Day, and my parents come here. I never had a Christmas at home growing up, because we always traveled, and I didn't want that for my children. My parents come to us, and we go see dh's mom the Saturday before Christmas.

CAN YOU NAME ALL OF SANTA'S REINDEER?

Yep, I can! Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, Blitzen. And, of course, Rudolph!

ANGEL ON THE TREETOP OR STAR?

We have a star now, but I had an angel on my tree when I was a girl, I still have that angel and it was on our tree for a number of years. She had been chewed up by a family dog when I was little, so she's very beat up, but I love her and I will never get rid of her.

DO YOU OPEN YOUR GIFTS ON CHRISTMAS EVE OR CHRISTMAS DAY?

Christmas Day! The kids usually open one present of their choosing on Christmas Eve.

MOST ANNOYING THING ABOUT THIS TIME OF YEAR?

Too much to do, and I get overwhelmed. The kids also get overwhelmed which makes Christmas hard on all of us.

WHAT I LOVE MOST ABOUT THIS TIME OF YEAR....

My kids' faces on Christmas morning. Despite being completely spoiled on Christmas, and through the year really, the first thing they always do is have me open MY present! And that's not because daddy is making them do it, but because they are excited and want to see my face. Last year, they gave me a Captain Jack Sparrow necklace and they were so excited!

2 comments:

Prince Andrew and the Queen Mum said...

So do give..what's White Maddness?

Niffercoo said...

It's a candy that is yummy! Here is the recipe:

3 cups Peanut Butter Captain Crunch
3 cups stick pretzels, broken
3 cups cocktail peanuts
1 to 1.5 pounds white chocolate

Combine the cereal, pretzels, and peanuts in a bowl. Melt the white chocolate and pour over the mixture. Stir until it's completely covered. Spread on wax paper to cool. Break into pieces, serve. Gain 15 pounds. :)