Thursday, November 08, 2007

Omegabrites Update

We've been on them for a little over 3 weeks now, and unfortunately, I'm not seeing any differences in mood or behavior in anyone. I stepped myself up to 4 per day after 2 weeks, and still haven't noticed any effects. I've got enough to last about 12 more days which will take me through my next battle with PMS, so we'll see. I am terribly disappointed, mostly for myself. I am starting to wonder if I need to be on some sort of medication for depression and/or anxiety. I have always been one to cry easily, but it seems that the days I cry about something are outnumbering the days that I don't. I've already changed my diet, been exercising at least 5 times a week since January. I'm not sure what else I can do on my own.

As far as the kids go, they are taking the Orange Cream Omegabrite Kidz and they take it without any hesitation or argument. The girls like to have a glass of water nearby to rinse it down, but they all line up when it's time for 'Fish Oil'. I'm giving them all 2/3 tsp, but may back down to 1/2 tsp. since I'm not seeing the results for mood and attention that I was hoping for. At least the 1/2 tsp. will be good for health benefits.

I wish I had better results to report! I know there are many people who have great success with Omegabrites, and fish oil in general. We haven't had much luck at all with supplements or special diets, so perhaps it's just our brain chemistry or something. I would still recommend giving it a try if you're dealing with autism or ADD or the like.

2 comments:

The Glasers said...

You never know until you try. The first thing we tried back in 1994 was B-6/Mg and we saw nothing. We tried DMG and again nothing. Then, I started rotating her foods and discovered that apple products caused her insomnia!

Jeanne said...

Hi. Just stumbled upon your site. Not sure if you still post. Thought I'd leave a comment on the fish oils. My son was diagnosed almost three years ago. We started with pulling casein, then gluten two months later. The following month we added in methyl B12 and saw great improvements with mood, speech, eye contact, behavior. After that success, we started slowly adding in various different supplements, including fish oils. I did not see any immediate results and wanted to pull it; but as I continued to research the matter I discovered that the more supplements we added in, the better our son got. We splurged and did a Metametrix ION panel to check his nutritional levels, and sure enough he was deficient in almost all essential minerals and most of the important vitamins, as well as many other problems, including toxicities. We have been treating all of that and our son is almost completely recovered. I'm not saying this will happen with your kids; I'm just thinking maybe you should look into the ION panel - it is amazing how much better our kids get once we know what they really need - once we aren't just guessing! You should do one on yourself too! Sounds like you might have a B deficiency. Just wanted to share. I hope you and your family are doing better and finding joy in life.