Friday, November 30, 2007

Movie Review: Enchanted

The kids and I went to see Enchanted this morning with Jan's family. We had the theater completely to ourselves and had a wonderful time!

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I laughed more than I have in a very long time, and I even teared up in a few parts! We were surprised to see some of our favorite actors: Idina Menzel, from Wicked; Timothy Spall, from Harry Potter 3&4; and the star, Amy Adams, was in an Episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

As for things to be concerned about, I think it's going to be a little intense at the end for younger children who haven't grown up watching Harry Potter like Reece. LOL Of course, it wasn't any different than the other princess movies, just that this princess and evil queen are real actors this time, which might be more frightening than a cartoon. There are a few minor same gender insinuations, but I am fairly certain they went over my kids' heads.

I really enjoyed it, and we'll be sure to purchase it when it comes to DVD! I am not against going to see it again when it hits the dollar theater! ;)

1 comment:

The Glasers said...

The kids and I have been wanting to see that movie! It looks hilarious! Thanks for the review!