Thursday, November 29, 2007

Long division has been conquered!

Today was the 4th day in a row that Austin completed the long division portion of his math assignment with 100% accuracy! This has been a hard-fought battle, but we persevered! Austin is so proud of himself! He was making up his own long-division problems on the white board after lunch and solving them! He was telling me "this is just the first step on the road to being an adult"! I'm not sure exactly what that means, but if he's feeling proud of himself and grown-up, then I'm glad!

Also, today was the first day in a very long time that his math assignment was completely 100% correct! It's not that he can't do the math, but during these review sheets, there are word problems involving everything he has learned to far. And they just confuse him. And he'll just write down something instead of solving the problem. I know, it sounds obvious... but one thing I've learned with Austin is that you can't assume that he understands the obvious! ;)

And, while I'm writing about long division... Riley has conquered it as well! I keep wondering when I'll find something that trips her up, and so far, I haven't found anything. Or maybe by the time she learns something, I've worked it through a zillion times with Austin and I know the ins and outs of teaching it? LOL

Either way, I'm gonna pat myself on the back! :)

3 comments:

Kai said...

YES!!!

Congratulations to Austin (and you too!)!!!

poohder said...

Wow, that is awesome, My daughter is no where near ready.

lisaquing said...

YAY Austin!