Thursday, October 25, 2007

My first knitting post

Yesterday, while we were out getting costume supplies, I just broke down and bought some stuff for knitting. I say 'broke down' meaning that instead of waiting until someone told me the 'right' stuff to get, or until I got over to the knitting store and asked them, I just decided that anything would be 'good enough' to get us started. Riley and I each picked out some inexpensive yard that we liked, and we each chose some kids' knitting needles. I was aggravated to find out our library DVD on knitting, The Art of Knitting 4 Kids , is due today and cannot be renewed, so I decided we would go for it!

After a few aggravating false starts, I finally managed to labor to create this lovely piece of rectangular yarn:

Not too bad, if I do say so myself! That took me around an hour to get that much done! LOL And I had to stop because my fingers got sore! But it was fun!

Here is Riley working on hers:
She actually had a couple of rows done, but decided she didn't like how it was looking, so she started over again. She's still working now, and will probably work on it through the remainder of rest time!

I put the DVD on hold again, so hopefully we'll have it back in a few weeks so we can figure out what to do next! :)

4 comments:

heather said...

That looks so great!!!

Jan said...

Wow!! You go girls! : )

lisaquing said...

That's awesome!! And you taught yourselves! Amazing!

Becca said...

I'm so proud of you!!! Way to go. Your first bit of knitting looks pretty darn good. Welcome to the club!