Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Baseball, Halloween, and New Moon

Baseball: Austin's team had their last ball game last night. Austin was starting pitcher. This has been a really rough season for him as he moved up to a higher age bracket. Their team has only won one game this season, and that has caused the coach (aka Daddy) to be upset and discouraged about his coaching abilities. But last night, we won. And we won big. And my boy pitched a great game. And he got 2 hits and a walk. It was a wonderful way to end the season! :)

Halloween: I'll put some pictures up tonight after we get back from trick or treating! I have to take them because dh has to work. This is not usually my job, so I'm a bit nervous! We've been invited to go with friends, which will be fun! I'll post details and pics tonight. Riley designed and made her own costume, and she's very proud of it!

New Moon: As in the book, not the actual moon. Borders sent me a 30% off coupon for Halloween, so we went this afternoon to buy it. Amazon has it for 40% off, but I couldn't get instant gratification that way! Maybe I'll buy the 3rd book, Eclipse, from them. Yeah, I'm completely obsessed, I'll admit it. :) I haven't had an obsession hit this hard and this fast since Pirates of the Caribbean. Don't worry, I won't be changing the name of our school to Twilight Academy, though that does have a nice ring to it! Hmmm, wonder why I don't get obsessed over things like fluffy bunnies? A pysch would have a field day with me, I'm sure! :)

Hope you're having a lovely week! Ambleside has a nice easy schedule this week, and we're enjoying it! Will update on that (you know, home schooling LOL) on Friday evening!

No comments: