Sunday, October 28, 2007

The 2 reasons why my house is still a mess

My big plan for the weekend was to get the house all cleaned up and looking nice and fresh for the new school week. I also wanted to get a haircut. But then Friday I looked at my library book list and realized that a book was due that would not renew. That book is New Moon by Stephenie Meyer. This book is the 2nd in the Twilight series, which I referred to in this post about a month ago. I fell in love with that book, and requested the 2nd in the series, but hadn't started it, remembering the way I couldn't put it down. I didn't want to have to wait again, so I started it on Friday night.

Part of the reason I delayed starting it was the fear that it would disappoint me. I loved the first book, and just didn't want to be let down. No fear of that... New Moon sucked me in (no pun intended LOL) immediately. Saturday morning, I went to get my haircut, and I swung by the library to get any books I had on hold. Can you believe what was waiting for me there:


It's Eclipse! Book 3 was just waiting for me! Can you believe my luck?? I rushed home, and spent the rest of the evening finishing, er, devouring New Moon. It was every bit as good as the first book! I do need to admit that I skipped to the end because the first part had me so sad... I couldn't bear to read it it was going to be a sad ending. I started Eclipse last night, just as soon as I finished New Moon.

This time, I wasn't nervous. Stephenie Meyer has proven herself to me. She can write one heck of a love story! I, again, devoured the book. I stopped long enough to pick Riley up from her sleepover, do some laundry, clean the kitchen to a livable standard, and take Riley to choir/plan lessons for this week. Aside from that, I was reading. Nope, I wasn't reading, that's not even the depth of it. I was IN Forks, Washington! LOL My husband took to having the kids come ask me things and see how long it would take for me to realize they were there. @@

I finished the book around 8 PM, tears flowing. These are going to have to be additions to my personal library! I cannot recall a love story that tugged on my heartstrings so deeply. It's beautifully written, has some minor thrilling and scary times, but most of all it's about love. Yes, it's also about vampires... but that's only a minor technicality. ;) Ok, so maybe not minor. But it's a love story. And it's wonderful!

So there are he reasons why my house is a mess. These books should come with a free housecleaning service! ;)

No comments: