Sunday, September 23, 2007

Pout

::crossing arms and stomping feet::


I want to be able to knit warm fuzzy socks!!!! I want to do it NOW! I want to knit warm fuzzy socks for me, my girls, my son, my mom, my MIL, my SIL, my friends! I want to know how to do it now! I want someone to come SHOW me, physically (not on a website!) teach me how to knit warm fuzzy socks!!!

In the words of the most wonderful headmaster of Hogwarts: "One can never have enough socks." (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone)

He is SO right!

And I want to learn how to knit them. :)

6 comments:

lisaquing said...

I tried to comment once already but it apparently didn't work....

Have you been reading Poppins?

Lisa, who cannot knit, doesn't want to learn, and who cannot imagine wearing scratchy wool socks, although she does own 2 pair of heavenly soft woolen socks that she won in a drawing but would never have purchased

JamBerry said...

Let's learn together! I understand the challenge is in 'turning the heel?' I'm game to try if you are!! Knitting seems to be a current fad at my house anyway. :)

Niffercoo said...

Lisa, I've been reading Poppins off and on. I know she's a knitter, but I can't figure out how to knit from reading about it. I need someone to come show me what to buy and how to physically do it! :)
Jen

Niffercoo said...

Jamberry, what I should have been more specific about is my lack of ability to knit at ALL! ROFL I really want to knit socks, but I have never even picked up a knitting needle, or needles? They are called needles right? Do you need 1? 2? Can I come to your house to join the fad? ;)
Jen

bevc said...

I HIGHLY recommend you sign up for the "Knitting Daily" newsletter:

http://www.knittingdaily.com/

They just had a newsletter on knitting socks:

http://www.knittingdaily.com/posts/legwear/177-1.html

and it included this reference:

http://www.interweave.com/knit/books/GS_KnittingSocks/

I am currently starting a new scarf!

JamBerry said...

Jen, sure, drive on down!! We'll have a crash course in knitting! Sounds like fun! ;o)