Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Nature Study --- the Black Pearl Academy way!

Lest anyone think we're only here at the beach for fun and games, rest assured that we are learning all the time! Here is a video segment from this morning's adventures in Nature Study! We went out to the tent where our stuff was stored during the storm this morning to find a crab had taken refuge in our tent:

video

No harm came to the crab during the filming of this video! ;) He landed on his feet, and ran off sideways to a nice hole in the sand!

Charlotte Mason probably didn't have this scenario in mind when she wrote about nature study, huh?

3 comments:

Sadie said...

I love the running and screaming, heh heh. Wuss.

Heather Pritchett said...

My kids watched this video over and over (I bet 10 times)! Love it! Glad you guys are having a good time!

The Glasers said...

Actually, I think it was exactly what Charlotte Mason had in mind!

It reminds me of the time we lived in Alaska. A friend called and asked me if I wanted some king crab. Of course, I said, "YES!" I didn't realize the crabs would be ALIVE when they arrived! David came into the kitchen, took one look, and screamed on his way back to his bedroom. He refused to leave his protected lair until the king crabs sat simmering in the pot. No, we did not draw them in our nature notebooks . . .