Friday, August 10, 2007

The week in review 8/6-10

Well, our first full week of the school year is over! We survived, and you know what? I think some learning occured as well! ;) It was a really tough week, that's to be sure. If you've read my blog this week, you knew that one before you even started reading this entry! I realized, in talking with our RDI consultant, that there has been even more change going on in our lives than I realized.

First of all, last Sunday we had huge changes at church, all of which were incredibly stressful on Austin and Reece. Then our new school methods, which are alot more relaxed, which is stressful on Austin. I don't think it affects Reece as much, since she's not really had daily school before. And I also changed their access to TV and computer games, which is another big change. My dh was gone M-W of this week. And finally, Austin's playing in a new league this year because he turned 11, so that will be a change. He's not sure if he'll be able to pitch in this new league.

So I guess when you look at it that way, it's amazing that we accomplished as much as we did! LOL And we did accomplish quite a bit:

Austin - He did really well in math this week, started learning about division with regrouping with much more ease than I thought he was going to

Riley - she finished her first book of the year and moved onto her second; she has also really stepped up to the challenge of having to copy math from the textbook

Reece - she did a full 'day' of work four days this week, and read to me this morning ; she is eager to spend the time with me, and she's also reading to her Barbies lol

I have decided not to add anything new to our schedule next week. It feels that we are overloaded enough as it is, so we'll stick with what we have so far. When our days seem to get easier, we will add other subjects. This coming week we'll be adding baseball practice back in. And the week after next we're adding the girls' dance classes back in. So I think we'd just better keep the status quo for now! :)

I'm going to try to enjoy the weekend now! I hope you all do as well!

1 comment:

The Glasers said...

I think you are so smart to take your time to build up steam, especially after all the change in your life and that of your children. The fact that you all are hanging in there is terrific!