Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A no-hitter?

Sorry, couldn't resist the title! ;)

I woke up with a headache this morning, tried a number of ways to get rid of it unsuccessfully, decided to call it a 'mental health' day and took the kids to the pool. We'll make up the work this week at some point, I'm sure. 3 hours at the pool really did wonders for all of us.

When we got home, however, things took a slight turn for the worse. Austin assumed that, since he hadn't hit anyone all day, his punishment would be lifted. He thought wrong. He then had a meltdown. After the meltdown was over, he began to perseverate on the whole 'punishment/hitting/no TV' thing. I decided I didn't want to deal with that, so I told him that any talk about the hitting issue would have to be done out of my earshot. So then he sat next to me and sighed and claimed to be bored. I know he was bored... he doesn't know how to do anything if it's not baseball, gameboy, or ESPN/Discovery Health channel. But I was too wiped out to do anything with him, and apparently he lived. I got home from the gym and he was asleep.

He only has 2 more days of the punishment, and I'm confident he will survive it all. He may not think he will, be he will. We heard back from our RDI consultant, and she was very encouraging. It's hard not to get discouraged when things like this happen. I feel like dh and I are so fragile these days. We are pouring all we have into RDI, and it's just so frustrating to feel like we're going backward. And then it never fails that someone asks about Riley, and then I worry all over again that she's getting lost in the shuffle. (Let's not even mention that we already took a day off school today! Shhhhhhh....)

We're getting back on track tomorrow!

1 comment:

lisaquing said...

Cute title! Glad you had a no-hitter! Remember that your goals this year are different for school. They aren't academic. So, you DID work toward your goals, even if you didn't do lessons.