Friday, August 24, 2007

Hello, I'm back! :)

The blog break was good for me, but our RDI appointment today was probably the best thing for me. Our consultant has asked me to journal/blog every day about the positive things that have gone on each day. She said that I have a tendency to focus on the struggles, on the things that are hard or aren't going well, what I feel like I'm not doing right (which is SO much these days!). My dh laughed mightily at this point, so I assume he agrees.

So, here we go: I'll blog and then send a version of what I've written on to our consultant.


1. Austin today finally told Miss A (the friend who has been watching the kids for most of our appts) that he was hungry, what he wanted to eat, and how he would prefer to have it prepared. This is HUGE for him! He never tells anyone what he needs! I was so proud of him, as was Miss A!

::insert 5 minute pause here::

Gracious, this is harder than it seems.

OK, so starting tomorrow, or maybe Sunday, I'll be on the lookout for positives. :)

1 comment:

lisaquing said...

Accentuate the positive!
Eliminate the negative!
And latch on to the affirmative!
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.
Don't mess with Mister In-Between!

Love that song! Are you familiar with it? It's from the 40's and it used to be the theme song for Homefront which I adored.

Here are all the lyrics:
http://www.preterhuman.net/texts/lyrics_and_music_related/unsorted_lyrics/accentuate_the_positive.txt

Good for Austin! That RDI consultant sounds like a perceptive lady.