Saturday, July 21, 2007

Some pics of our Harry Potter 7 experience

Riley and I went to the "Grand Hallows Ball" at a local Borders! We arrived at 9:00 PM! (We had gone earlier in the day to get our wristband... waited in line for an hour, and we were #177)

Riley took part in the costume contest! She was "Ginny Weasley, borrowing Harry's Quidditch Robes". (The robes said "POTTER" on the back and on the chest and she was deeply disturbed by this! LOL There were about 100 people in the contest, and another couple hundred watching, so she was very brave for getting up in front of all of those people! She didn't get to the final round, but I was proud of her for trying!
We left Borders with our copy of the book at 12:30 AM! Riley read on the way home, and I read from the time she went to bed until 4:30 AM, when I couldn't stay awake any longer. I went to pick up our library copy at 2:30 this afternoon, so Riley and I could read together:


As noted in my earlier post, I finished reading about 5:30 this evening. I am going to go back and re-read it now, before it has to go back to the library! I promise not to post any spoilers! In fact, I'm going to be doing lots of homeschooling posts now... as we have only about 10 days until the first day of school. After a few weeks, I'll share my thoughts about the last book! :)

No comments: