Friday, June 08, 2007

Movie Review: Oceans 13

Wow, a movie review?? It's been a long time! I have to admit that I hadn't been to the movies at all until recently! I was spending all my free evenings at the gym! :) So far this summer, I've seen Spiderman 3, POTC3, and now tonight, Oceans 13 (which is the 3rd in the Oceans movies). That's just so strange! I also intend to see the Bourne Ultimatum, which is the 3rd in the Bourne trilogy. Harry Potter is coming up as well, but it's the fifth movie! That would be too weird if it were also the third one!

I LOVED Oceans 13! I am so glad that I decided to see it instead of going to see POTC3 again. Now don't get me wrong, I'm going to see POTC3 again soon... I have no fewer than 3 people to see it with for their first time, and Jan and I simply HAVE to go see it again together! :) But tonight I was too tired for a 3 hour movie, and I love the Ocean movies!

Pros: It's Danny Ocean and the gang! What more could you need?? If you love the Ocean movies, you're going to REALLY love this one!

Cons: Ellen Barkin is falling out of her dress --- I think that's how they managed the PG13 rating. That, and a few unnecessary cuss words.

The storyline was excellent, though not as totally 'hidden' like in the last 2 movies! But I found I didn't mind that! I just went along for the ride and laughed and laughed! :) Great fun!

Rating on the Savvy Scale: A Solid 3.5 (out of 4) --- losing points for Ellen Barkin's clothes, or lack of them.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Well, I am going to TRY to see POTC3 at some point this month, but Oceans 13 is NOT one you're gonna get me to see! :-D