Thursday, May 31, 2007

Water and Peer Pressure

We were invited to swim with the girls from Reece's ballet class today. I am sure I've mentioned this before, but these moms are the greatest! I was so glad they wanted to have a swim party... it seems so often you get close to people during the school year's activities, but then you lose touch after the class is over! All but one of the girls was able to come, and we had a delightful time. Siblings, of course, were invited. It is so strange to always be the one with the oldest kids! How did that happen? The next closest sibling will turn 8 in the winter, so he's close in age to Riley, and he's a ball player so he and Austin played well in the pool together.

Reece was really scared of the water last summer, and my goal for this year was to work on a little R-C-R (LOL) with the pool. I don't intend to push her, but I would like her to be able to handle being in the water. If today was any indication, it shouldn't be hard. She was IN the water all the way (in the baby pool), putting her face and her head underwater!! I was shocked! She had one meltdown when she got a boo-boo on her finger, and I thought we weren't going to be able to get it under control, but she did. I didn't push her, just suggested that she sit with me near the water until her boo-boo got better. She did, and ended up back in the water again. She's obsessing over the boo-boo a bit, but she was able to get her meltdown under control. We're going to get our pool passes tomorrow, and hopefully I will be able to keep her feeling secure in the water this summer if we keep going to the pool consistently!

The other moms were thrilled to hear that Reece is going to continue ballet, thus keeping our class basically intact! One family is moving, and the little tiny girl will not be moving up to Kindergarten ballet because she's only 3. It appears that all of the girls are also doing Kindergarten Tap, and the moms are begging for Reece to take it as well! LOL It sounds like such fun... and it's 30 minutes before the ballet class she's already signed up for. Then, we figured out that the class Riley would take for tap and jazz is the same class as 3 of the big sisters will be in (Since it's Riley's first year she would have to start in Primary 1, which is for beginners or First Graders). Well, the moms were then thrilled beyond belief that we would see them twice in a week! LOL It's hard to be liked, isn't it??

It is a good feeling, I have to admit. But I need to be careful about overscheduling us, not just with time but with finances. But Dang! LOL

Peer Pressure... it's not just for kids anymore! ;)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you've found some nice moms to hang with! Can't wait to "talk" with you!