Friday, May 11, 2007

RDA 1 - Austin

Austin's appointment went very well! At first, I was annoyed it was 2 hours long, but it ended up being for the best. He did super the first hour... you would have looked at him and asked "Are you sure he has autism?" He put his best face on and was great! Then about an hour into it, he started to fade and and the 'stuff' came out. At one point he asked to go to the bathroom, and after a minute or so of him being in there, these weird noises started coming out. It actually startled Miss Lisa! He was making 'baby' noises, and then he started talking to himself. By the last part of the 2nd hour, he was just about unreachable (which also served to confirm to me that homeschool is a good place for him. I can't imagine how he would be at school for 6.5 hours a day with the constant commotion).

She videotaped the entire session and said she was very pleased by what she got. I was pleased as well. I was going to be very annoyed if she didn't see what I see lol! I am also going to tell her about the ride home ---an hour discourse on Subway sandwiches and the "fresh and fit" meal he chose for lunch. UGH!

We got to Miss A's house to get the girls and Austin wanted to play their videogames but told me he thought that he should probably play with D (their son, who was on his team last fall).
But after about 45 minutes he came in and said "Mom, I just can't do anymore people. I need to go home!" I thought that was so eloquent!

Then we got home and took Riley to her ballet rehearsal (she's in a few extra scenes beyond her dance), and then I went to the gym while she was dancing. Now it's 9 PM and I'm finally home for the first time since 10:45 this morning! So needless to say, I'm not going to get my post up about what I bought at convention! I do have it started, and I'm sorry it's taking so long! LOL Please have patience with me!

Reece has her first RDA next week, and I can't wait to see how it's different for her! I'll be sure to post about it!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sounds like it was a productive appointment. And Austin sounds like he is becoming more self-aware. That's progress, eh? So, where ARE YA!?