Wednesday, May 30, 2007

R-C-R = Overwhelmed mama!

We had our meeting today with our RDI consultant to discuss the results from the RDA 1 and 2 with Austin and Reece. I am overwhelmed completely.

It appears that instead of working on 'objectives', we're still having to work on developing a mentor/apprentice relationship and doing Regulation-Challenge-Reregulation activities.

We got a packet of readings and did some of the activities that we'll do on Saturday with the kids. And I'm still overwhelmed. I don't know how I'm going to be able to figure it all out. Heck, I can't even explain it to other people when they ask because I don't understand it well enough myself.

Ugh.

2 comments:

The Glasers said...

{{{{{Jennifer}}}}}

From what I gather, the focus is on the parents at first in terms of objectives. I would not know from personal experience as I am flying solo. Ignorance is bliss. ;-P

Anytime you feel like trying to explain to a willing victim, I volunteer! :-) You know what they say that you really know something if you can teach it to others.

You are a smart cookie, and I know you'll be just fine!

Niffercoo said...

Tammy, you're right about the focus being on the parents. Also, another RDI mom emailed me and told me that R-C-R is the basis for ALL objectives in RDI, so we will continue to work on it as we progress through each stage. That does make me feel better!

I am going to try over the weekend to get a handle on R-C-R and try to explain it! Just remember that you volunteered to be my victim! ;)

Jennifer