Monday, April 02, 2007

Sweet Dreams?

Well, here we are.... Reece isn't sleeping again. It started innocently enough when the Daylight Savings thing happened (which correlated to my being out of town). Reece was taking longer and longer to fall asleep. I kept getting her up at her regular time, hoping to reset her body clock. It didn't help. Now she's getting up in the middle of the night again for a few hours at a time. One day last week, she was so tired she fell asleep on the way home from shopping at Target after lunch. That night she slept through the night, but that was the last time.

Last night I decided to keep track:

She slept from 11 PM-approximately 2:30AM. I say approximately because I woke at 2:30 to find her lying with us wide awake. At 4 AM she fell asleep. She was up at 7:30 AM for the day. It's now 8:30 PM and she's nowhere near being asleep. She's in her bed, but not sleeping.

Let's see... that's 7 hours of sleep if she was asleep until 2:30 AM. For a 5 year old. Not enough. And it's starting to show with her behavior. Heck, it's starting to show with MY behavior. ::yawn::

She's been sleeping through the night for nearly a year. I NEED her to sleep. Please pray she will start sleeping through again!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, Jen, that's not fun. Lord, help Reece to sleep. Relax her mind and body so she can rest. Be with Jen as she deals with her kids with less sleep than she likes.

Jan said...

You'll be in my prayers. I hope she gets back to a longer sleeping pattern soon!