Monday, April 30, 2007

Goals 2007-2008

Austin (5th grade):
1. Autism Remediation via RDI therapy. Specific Goals TBD after assessment.

2. Writing - Compose an organized, coherent paragraph. Complete the planning, rough draft, revision, and final draft stages in writing. (If this becomes comfortable, begin to work on a multi-paragraph essay format)

3. Math - Long division. Enough said! ;) (Jump into fractions after division is mastered!)

4. Reading - Recognizing gaps in meaning while he's reading. Checking when he doesn't understand either because he cannot read a word or it is not in his vocabulary. Using word attack skills and/or dictionary skills to determine the meanings of those words, to aid in reading comprehension. Begin to develop written narration skills, incorporating the writing goals.

Riley (3rd grade):
1. Math - Mastery of multiplication tables, and quick recall of related division facts. Application of the 4 operations.

2. Writing - Compose an organized, coherent paragraph. Complete the planning, rough draft, revision, and final draft stages in writing. Develop speed and accuracy with all writing (copywork, dictation, etc).

3. Geography - Learn the location of all 50 states.

4. Reading - Goal for mom: try to keep up! ;) Begin working on written narration skills.



Reece (K5 - first of 2 Kindergarten years):
1. Autism Remediation via RDI therapy. Specific Goals TBD after assessment.

2. Reading - Learn to read 3 letter words and apply that ability to reading real books (not just reading the words in isolation). Begin working on narration skills.

3. Auditory Processing - Work to head off any potential problem areas. Use Earobics 1 to determine if there are any specific areas that we can be working on.

4. Math - Writing numerals. Use manipulatives to explore addition and subtraction.

5. Writing - Learn to write numbers and lower case letters.



This is what I have so far! I didn't have as much time over the weekend as I would have liked to work on them. But I'll keep tweaking them as needed. Mostly I needed a general skeleton to go by for convention purposes. I have most of my planning done, and I will try to post that here before convention. We are down to the wire on getting our Mission Previews done for the intake appointment on Wednesday, so that's going to be taking most of my time today and tomorrow.

Edited to add goals for mom (old woman lol):
1. Slow down the pace of my communication. I noticed during the videotaping for the baseline that I talk so fast and so much still! We've been working on this for nearly a year, and while my use of declarative language has improved, I am still just talking everyone to death. I know that Austin especially is a slow processor, and I don't give him enough time to think before I'm moving on to the next thing.

2. Determine what needs to go in our schedule. As part of our intake appointment for Wednesday, she had us actually make a spreadsheet of our schedules. It really makes it clear that we have alot going on. What can go? I know baseball season skews it a little bit, but we really do have packed lives. I'll be interested to hear her thoughts on Wednesday about this.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Very clearly articulated goals!!