Friday, January 12, 2007

Fun Friday 1/12

I'm going to have to use the term "Fun" loosely here, because I sort of blew it today, but since my goal is to focus more on the positive, let me get to it:

We had an incredibly productive week! You may have suspected as much because I didn't get around to blogging at all this week! ;) But we did accomplish everything that I had planned out for this week! The kids worked really hard, and I think they learned quite a bit.

Austin has mastered 2-digit by 2 digit multiplication, so we'll move on to 3 digit by 2 digit and see how he takes to that! I allowed him to check his own work with the calculator, and he truly enjoyed that! Today for his math game we played Snap It Up and he actually asked if we could change the rules up! I was shocked! :)

Riley continued learning cursive and she is loving it! She is inserting the cursive she knows into her other writing whenever she can! She and I played backgammon for the first time and had a great time! It's been 20 years since I played that game, at least! I forgot how much fun it is! She beat me! ;)

Reece has been playing alot this week with magnetic letters and making 3 letter words. She spent most of her time at home playing with shaving cream on a cookie sheet or building with the wooden blocks! At preschool, her facilitator told me on Tuesday that she played with C on the playground (C is a boy!) and that they sat together at circle time! It's so exciting, and it's very nice when he facilitator is excited to tell me about it! I can't believe there are only 4 months of preschool left!

Our big "Fun" time will come tomorrow... will post about it when we get home! And I should have alot of pictures! :)

No comments: