Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas Baking

We had plans to do our Christmas baking this evening and we got it all done! Here is Austin working on his cookies on the kitchen counter.

We ended up inviting Riley's friend A over to make cookies with us! She said she had never done this before! I'm not sure if that's true or not, but I'm glad we invited her anyway! It was alot of fun for Riley!
Here is the result of all of our hard work! From left to right you'll find White Madness, behind it is Peppermint Bark, then the cake for Jesus, and little star shaped cakes (found those tins at the dollar store!), then the Tiger Butter, and lastly the sugar cookies. We will do the frosting on the cake and cookies tomorrow, to give the kids something to keep them busy!
I almost took a pic of the mess to call it "The Dark Side of Christmas Cooking" (esp. since we haven't had a working dishwasher in 18 months! LOL), but decided to just get busy cleaning the kitchen! :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What is White Madness? What is Tiger Butter? Hey, now, *I* provided RECIPES! And, I did not realize that your dishwasher never got fixed. So, you're in the trenches with me, washing dishes by hand, eh?