Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Reading List dilemma

This is a good dilemma to have! Remember the free reading lists I came up with for the kids before this school year started? If not,
this will help to refresh your memory!

Well, here we are towards the middle/end of November, and Riley informed me last Wednesday that she is starting her last book on the list. Didn't she get the memo that this list was for the entire year? Apparently not! LOL Now I have to search for more books for her! Oh the calamity! ;) (Also, she's going to finish her 2nd regular Pathways reading book for this year right before Christmas! Not sure what I'll do after that!)

Also, Austin only has 3 books left on his list, and then there are 2 more that he has requested to be added to the list after reading excerpts in his Bob Jones reading book! That is really impressive! His list is long, and the books are not short at all! :) So I guess I'll need to start looking for books for him as well!

And this has absolutely nothing to do with reading, but while I was looking for the reading list post I came across the post where we were deciding about choir for Riley. I really should say that I'm SO glad we chose to do this church choir instead! She has enjoyed herself SO much, and it's free! LOL I'm not sure she would have enjoyed herself as much if she had done the Atlanta Youth Choir at this age! :) It's nice to know we make the right decision now and then! LOL

2 comments:

Lisa said...

If you need suggestions, I'm here for ya!

Niffercoo said...

Thanks, Lisa! I was also going to look in the Well-Trained Mind for ideas! ROFL!