Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Better today

Today has gone a bit better, though it's 2:45 and we're only halfway done with our school work! We took a break mid-day to go have lunch with daddy at work! Austin's attitude was markedly better, and he got a 100 on his math test which naturally lifted his spirits. However, I told him that it's not the grades he makes that I'm concerned about. It's more the attitude he carries that concerns me... I know things are going to be hard for him. But when he starts into things with the attitude of "I can't do it. It's too hard. I don't know anything!" and he won't even be open to being instructed that's when it's hard for me.

He came in to me when I was grading his math test and said, "Mom, you do a great job homeschooling. I know you think you don't, but you do." I gave him a hug, told him thank you, and knew that somebody's daddy must have had a talk with a certain 4th grader last night while I was at the gym. LOL Sure enough, daddy did talk to him. I don't wish to play on Austin's emotions, because in the long run it just makes him more anxious. But I don't know what else to do.

Big surprise, eh? ;)

No comments: