Sunday, July 30, 2006

Starting school THIS week!

Only 3 days until the first day of school for the 2006-2007 school year! I didn't get ANYTHING done today because I haven't felt very well today. Not sick or anything, just "female problems" as they used to call them! ;) But I can get more stuff done tomorrow... I just feel like I'm forgetting something major!

We heard back from the AYC conductor. I made Russ talk to him, because I've been a little too emotional over it (see aforementioned "female problems"! LOL). We talked with Riley again, to make sure that she understood what was going on. I don't think she does, because I don't think she really understood what is involved with the whole AYC thing. But I can't shake the feeling guilty thing. She seems to always get the short end of the stick. I've been paying thousands of dollars for therapies and testings for her siblings, and yet we can't pull together another thousand for something Riley might enjoy? I know, that's beside the point... but like I said, I'm hormonal! ;)

Anyway, the conductor understood our point of view and was very nice about it. He said they will hold auditions again in January 2007 if she seems more interested in trying the AYC at that time.

I'm getting excited about starting school this year! Once I get over the feeling that I'm not ready, I know it will be OK!

No comments: