Friday, June 16, 2006

IEW: 3rd lesson

This afternoon, I gave Austin the model paragraph and asked him to underline the keywords himself! I knew this would be a good exersize for both him and me, because he was going to have to do it alone, and I was going to have to be accepting of his choices for key words. I also felt like this would be a good lesson for the purpose of a keyword outline, because if he didn't choose helpful words, when it was time to 'test' the outline by reading it back, it would be harder.

This time I also let him type the keyword outline and he was very excited about that! I think he typed pretty fast, and I'm thinking we may start the typing program I bought him sooner rather than later!

Anyway, all went well, I think! I'm pleased with the way it's forcing him to find the important parts of the sentences!

No comments: