Tuesday, April 11, 2006

We are finishing things!

Two more things finished: Austin's geography and mythology (these were both parts of his Calvert curriculum). He will finish Smiling Hill Farm the week after next (next week he's got ITBS testing so I won't require additional school work of him). I can't even describe the sense of accomplishment I have over finishing these things! Riley will be finishing up her math by the end of the month as well! Austin took a slower pace so he won't be done until the summertime.

Also, Austin started back with Sequential Spelling. I had dropped it because it was bringing him to tears daily, and then in turn I'd end up in tears. I did some copywork/dictation type of spelling while I decided what to do next. I looked into Spelling Power. I own Spelling Workout (what he used to use). But in the end, I decided that I really do like SS and I think that method will end up giving us the best results in the long run. So instead, I applied the "Spelling Power for Perfectionists" information I got off of Paula's Archives to Sequential Spelling! It's only been 2 days, but it's working so far! I am also very proud of myself for not rushing out to buy new things, and instead thinking things through, and trying to figure out how to make the curriculum I have work for my child! :)

I think I'm starting to get the hang of this homeschooling thing! ;)

1 comment:

LisaQuing said...

Sounds like you are feeling very confident!! And you have good reason to!