Sunday, April 30, 2006

April is Autism Awareness Month


Please check out the following links for more information on Autism and the other Pervasive Developmental Disorders:

Speaking on Quality of Life

Austim Society of America

Myths and Facts about Autism

My Best Friend Will This is a wonderful book I just found that explains in very simple terms how autism affects some children! It's a respectful and clear approach! I highly recommend this book!

P.S. I figured out a way to 'sticky' this at the top, so make sure to scroll down when you check back in at my blog for new posts! :)

2 comments:

Anne said...

You have to forgive me for "stumbling" on your site the way I did... you left a comment on Amy's Humble Musings about your autistic son and I kind of perked up when I read that. My soon-to-be 4 year old nephew was diagosed in the fall as moderately autistic. I was hoping you could maybe shed some light on your son's autism and pass along some advice and maybe even some tips. My brother and sister-in-law have been real troopers with him, even when he jumps off the piano! If you choose to write back, you can reach me at ahammond@lvbaptist.org. Thank you so much!

Niffercoo said...

Hello, Anne! Thanks for stopping by! I will definitely drop you an email, though I'm pretty much at the same stage as your brother and sis-in-law! My youngest (who just turned 4 last month) was diagnosed with PDD-NOS (mild autism) last fall, and my son (who will be 10 next month) was diagnosed the same in January! Either way, I'd be happy to share the information I've come across and the experiences I have had!