Wednesday, February 08, 2006

This one is for me!

I usually try to keep personal Christian content off of my homeschool blog, but this has just touched me so deeply, I wanted to share it with anyone who has read some of the struggles I've shared here with the children. Just as some background information, my faith is tied very strongly to music. I FEEL my relationship with God through contemporary praise and worship music! Some songs just strike me in such a meaningful and personal way. I had one particular song that stuck with me through the time of Reece's pregnancy (and before, during the year we were trying to conceive). And I've had other songs that also touch me a good deal.

But I've never really heard a song before that I feel was written for me. The song that I am sharing the lyrics with now is a song I've heard before back in the spring, at a concert. But I heard it last night on the radio on the way home from the meeting I attended about hsing special needs children, and it will not leave my brain. I came home from dropping the kids off at AWANA tonight and downloaded it from walmart.com! The songwriter may not have known it at the time, but he was writing this song for me. Since I'm not smart enough to 'get' things from God through the Bible, I am not good at prayer, and He apparently isn't going to IM or email me, He had to get his message across to me in a way I would 'get'! ;)

Here are the lyrics:

Believe Me Now by Steven Curtis Chapman

I watch you looking out across the raging water
So sure your only hope lies on the other side
You hear the enemy that's closing in around you
And I know that you don't have the strength to fight
But do you have the faith to stand and...

Believe Me now
Believe Me here
Remember all the times I've told you loud and clear
I am with you and I am for you
So believe Me now
Believe Me now

I am the One who waved my hand and split the ocean
I am the One who spoke the words and raised the dead
And I've loved you long before I set the world in motion
I know all the fears you're feeling now
But do you remember who I am?
Do you..

Believe Me now
Believe Me here
Remember all the times I've told you loud and clear
I am with you
And I am for you
So believe Me now
Believe it's true
I never have, I never will abandon you
And the God that I have always beenI will forever be
So believe Me now

I am the God who never wastes a single hurt that you endure
My words are true, and all My promises are sure
So believe Me now
Oh, believe Me now

2 comments:

Jan said...

You gotta love any song by SCC... but you've gotta love even more when one touches you in a special way. Very cool!

"Merci" said...

I haven't heard it, but you make me want to. I'll have to see if I can find it somewhere. I'm so glad it helped you!