Friday, February 10, 2006

Socialization??

We're getting so much of it lately, I'm starting to wonder when we're going to have time for academics again! We actually stayed home this morning and got our work done, but that's only because Reece came home with a note yesterday from preschool saying that a classmate was diagnosed with strep throat! Our plans for today involved a playdate with a family that has a newborn baby, and I didn't want to risk potentially exposing that family to strep! I know the chances are remote, since Reece doesn't even have it yet... but I didn't want to take a chance.

Next week it looks like we're going to get about 2.5-3 decent school days in! But we're having fun! Yesterday Reece was getting out of preschool early for 'early release day' (when the public schools have conferences), we took our work to the library and it was very productive! I couldn't believe how much we got done with no distractions and without a certain preschooler around!

We are making some progress in our school work though, since I haven't changed much this year!! I am very proud of myself! :) Austin's halfway done with his math, and Riley's about 3/4 of the way done with hers! I am almost ready to start thinking about next year's plans! The convention is less than 3 months away!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Can you have too much socialization! NAHH!!

You've been tagged!!! Come see my blog!

hoffermans said...

It's great to hear that things are going so well. Reece is big, I can't believe that she's in "pea-scool" already. We look forward to reading more great stuff about you guys.
Drew and Chrissy