Thursday, January 26, 2006

Engine Update

We worked on it for one hour on Monday night and got to step 13 out of like 40 something.

Instructions include things like "Lubricate the bearings with vegetable oil". I called my dad to ask him what the heck a bearing is. He starts asking me questions about the crankshaft, and why did I put that in already. I told him I'm only following directions. So then he asks about some other car-related thing. Look, there are clear plastic parts, gray plastic parts, and purple plastic parts. That's ALL I know! Why on earth couldn't the directions include "Make sure to lubricate THIS part when you put it in??"

We're going to work on it tonight some more... or maybe Daddy will! I'm not sure I can handle another night with the engine!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Wow..I sure feel for you. That would be a nightmare for me. Hope you get it working!

We plan to go to the GA aquarium in March! Glad to hear you all enjoyed it.