Friday, November 04, 2005

Diva Riley

I'm not sure how much I've posted here about my newest obsession: Wicked the Musical. I heard about it through a little preview while we were waiting to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I read the book, found out the musical was much more tame, and bought the soundtrack. Somehow, in the middle of all of this, I brought Riley into my little obsession! She and I now have orchestra level tickets to see Wicked the Musical when it comes to our town next year!

Riley listened to the Wicked soundtrack to the beach and back, and for days and days on end after that! She and I love to sing the songs and we've made up our own little drama to go with it. Let me tell you, this little girl has one heck of a voice! Being that her daddy is a musician, he has taken notice. She has been asking for voice lessons for awhile now, but she's still quite young and rather, um, rambunctious! But last night, daddy was playing around with some melodies and he noticed that our little singer can figure out harmonies and hold them while someone else is singing a melody. I could see the wheels turning in his head! :)

Today, dear husband tells me that one of his friends teaches voice lessons (it's someone that he plays with often in some of the different bands), and that she is willing to take Riley on as a student! So my dear daughter begins voice lessons next Thursday afternoon! She is SO excited!

I'm glad it's with this family friend, because if it's not going to work out that Riley is too young yet, I have no doubt that she will tell Russ and not just keep taking the money! Riley is bright, and she's got a great voice, but she does not have a filter between her brain and her mouth and sometimes that causes problems! I suspect that will mellow with maturity! Ok, I PRAY it will mellow with maturity! LOL But this will be something fun for Riley that will help her with something she loves to do! :)

No comments: