Thursday, October 06, 2005

Homeschooling and Autism Spectrum, revisited

OK, so there is apparently a good Google and a bad Google. Because I have been Googling more, and have gotten more happy looking information! Whew!

But for now, I'm a human yo-yo! If you were to talk to me, it's about 50/50 whether you'd get the "I can do this, I can do anything, I know my kids and what to do" mom, or whether you'd get the "Oh my gosh, this is horrible, I can't do this, Will my kids have a future at all?" mom. I've been sort of quiet and not really talking much IRL to folks because I'm also having a tendency to break into tears at the drop of a hat. IMs work well. Emails do too. Phone calls? Let's put it this way... yesterday was my dear friend Kristi's little boy's 4th birthday and I couldn't even manage to call back (he was asleep when I called the first time) to sing Happy Birthday because I kept crying when I dialed.

Yesterday was a hard day for Peanut, and her AWANA teacher called me to come pick her up because she wouldn't stop crying. :(