Thursday, July 21, 2005

Our Schedule 2005-2006

Here is our school schedule for this year! I stick to it pretty strictly for a few weeks to a month, then it becomes more of a routine than a schedule! But it helps me stay focused on the times and see howmy estimates for how long something should take and how long it actually takes mesh!

6:00 Mommy wakes, curses homeschooling*, showers, dresses, does Flylady chores, and devotions
* just kidding about that!

7:15 wake kids: kids do their morning routine which involves getting dressed, eating breakfast, making beds, and their daily morning chore

8:00 Bible, AWANA practice/Preschooler's floortime
8:30-9:30 3rd grader's first lesson time (Math, Phonics, Composition, Reading)
Girls have playtime
9:30-10:00 1st grader's math and reading lesson
3rd works on his assignment sheet
Preschooler table time
10:00-10:30 RECESS (this is Peanut's morning OT time)
10:30-10:45 Snack
10:45-11:00 Preschooler Speech Therapy Homework
3rd Spelling/Vocab CDrom
1st works on assignment sheet (until 11:30, or sooner if she works fast)
11:00-11:30 Bubba's 2nd lesson time (Science or Geography or Mythology or Art)
11:30-12:30 1st finishes up any lessons we didn't get to before recess
Mom starts lunch
3rd finishes his assignment sheet
12:30 -1:00 lunch
1:00-2:30 Rest time

I may end up saving art for after rest time, depending on how time goes. Also, the history and mythology for Bubba might work well for reading aloud in the afternoons. The first few weeks will really let me know how long I can expect a typical lesson to take, and hopefully I'll start getting a feel for being able to look at the lesson manual and judge that myself fairly accurately!

The times where Peanut doesn't have something specific to do, she'll just be playing with her school boxes or like last year, sitting on my lap! I'll have to wait and see!

***Edited because it dawned on me that my Peanut is no longer a Toddler, so I changed the Toddler references to Preschooler ::sniff sniff:: ***

No comments: