Saturday, July 16, 2005

Movie Review: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Oh!

My!!

GRACIOUS!!!!!!!!!


I loved this movie!!! It was absolutely delightful! I took my son and he and I both just had so much fun watching this film! (Older daughter lost the movie as a punishment for some behavior that was inappropriate, but I'm going to try to find a way for her to earn a chance to see it! It's that good!) I am not one of the people who was 2nd guessing whether this remake would be excellent, or compare to the original movie, or be creepy, or that JD was just pathetic for the role of Willy Wonka. I KNEW it was gonna be awesome, and I wasn't disappointed.

Pros: Um, everything! :)

Cons: It was only 2 hours long! LOL! Oh, and the first two Oompa Loompa songs I couldn't really understand the words very well! I will be glad when the DVD comes out and I can use the subtitles... or maybe I'll take the book with me next time and follow along! :)

I give this movie a 4.75 on the Savvy scale... it's just so hard to give it the 5 that's reserved for POTC or LOTR. But it comes SO close. Maybe more like a 4.99? :)

No comments: