Friday, July 08, 2005

Movie Review: Batman Begins

It's been quite awhile since I've been to a new movie! I was starting to have movie withdrawls! It was really hard to choose which movie to see, too! There were so many great ones that I haven't seen yet, like Bewitched, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, War of the Worlds, The Longest Yard. And of course, there was the chance to see Star Wars Episode 3 again! :) And we all know that Charlie and the Chocolate will be coming in just one week! YAY!

But in the end, I chose Batman Begins! I'm glad I did! It was a fantastic movie! Christian Bale was the best Batman I have seen yet! Perhaps it's because he's not a superstar? Personally, I've never seen anything he is in, but a trip to his www.imdb.com page shows that he's been in several big flicks! I really enjoyed his performance as Bruce Wayne/Batman! Couldn't believe he is from Britain! He does a great Gotham accent! Also, Liam Neeson was superb, as usual! And the actor who played Dr. Crane/The Scarecrow was just incredibly creepy! I loved him! His name is Cillian Murphy!

There wasn't much I didn't like about this film! It was a bit slow in places, but the storyline still kept me engaged!

Pros: I actually was taken by surprise by a plot twist! That so rarely happens in movies that I was really excited! I won't spoil it for you here, but I was really not expecting it! The acting was excellent overall. Katie Holmes seemed a little young in her role, in my opinion. The car was the coolest! And Morgan Freeman's character was one of his best, reminded me his character in The Sum of All Fears!

Cons: Some swearing and the use of G-D which again was unnecessary! Other than that, not too much bad in this film!

I give Batman Begins a '4' on the Savvy Scale!

No comments: