Friday, July 29, 2005

3 kids, a mom, and a Homeschool Expo!

Well, let me start by saying that taking 3 children to a Homeschool Convention is much different that going with 2 homeschool moms! LOL Not quite as relaxing and invigorating for some reason!

The kids went to meet Senor Gamache, their Spanish Teacher! We just completed La Clase Divertida Level 1, and were going to purchase Level 2. The entrance fee to the Expo was less than the cost of shipping, and I knew the kids would get a kick out of meeting him! He is a delightful man, and just as neat in real life as he is during the class videos! I forgot my camera though and was so disappointed when the kids hugged him goodbye and I didn't have a picture! http://www.funclase.com Go check out the curriculum! It's an excellent and fun way to learn Espanol!!

That was all we went for! We browsed for a little bit and I purchased Moneywise Kids to play with. The game retailer that was at the convention in May was not at this one and I was disappointed! But that's OK! I'll order a couple of other games from CBD for Christmas instead!

OH! I got some cute homeschool stuff from a retailer. Her website is http://www.homeschoolmania.com I got dh a ballcap that says "Homeschool Principal", a shirt for me that says "Time Well Spent... Homeschool", and a magnet for the van that says "An Education for Life... Homeschool".

They also had a shirt and bumper sticker that looked like a warning sign and said "Caution:Unsocialized Homeschoolers on Board". I didn't have the courage to buy it but dh says we need it! LOL Maybe when I'm feeling a little more confident! :)

We stayed for about 90 minutes... Peanut kept getting out of her stroller everytime we slowed down! So it was a little bit wild! But I'm glad I took them to meet Senor! Next year when we go back to get level 3, I'll make sure to take my camera!

4 comments:

LisaQuing said...

You are definitely braver than me! I would not attempt taking my kids along to a homeschool convention. In fact, most of them here don't even allow children.

Glad you got to meet Senor Gamache!

homeschool said...

Niffercoo it sounds like your school year is very much on track! After reading 3 kids, a mom, and a Homeschool Expo!, I feel it would make a perfect article for my site home school cirriculums, with your permission.

homeschool lesson plans said...

Niffercoo, 3 kids, a mom, and a Homeschool Expo! turns out to be exactly what I am looking for, for my site homeschool lesson plans . With your permission, I would like to publish it.

homeschool gathering place said...

Niffercoo, 3 kids, a mom, and a Homeschool Expo! turns out to be exactly what I am looking for, for my site homeschool . With your permission, I would like to publish it.