Wednesday, June 15, 2005

We are going around the leaf!

OK, real quick: which movie is that from? I'll give you the rest of this post to think about it while I explain why it is the title of today's blog entry!

I am easily flustered. I know, it's hard to believe! Even through the computer I exude such an air of self-confidence and an ability to just roll with the punches! LOL OK, so now that we've all chuckled... it really is true. Bubba is the same way. Peanut is going to be the same way too, I can already tell. Princess, on the other hand, is much more easy-going... but when she does get flustered she acts more like her daddy. :)

When things get thrown in my path that I'm not expecting, I panic. It's my first response. Hubby will tell you that I'm truly getting better! But it's a long road. For instance, my 16.5 year old nephew is coming to spend the night from CA next Saturday... and I'm completely on edge about it! My carpet needs cleaning and I don't have the money for it. I don't have a clue what he's going to do here because I don't have anything appealing to do for a teenage boy... no video games, no internet for him b/c I don't feel right with him getting on my internet without his parents here. I guess we'll watch TV or a movie after the kids go to bed? Well, I'm trying not to panic!

Another instance is when the garage door broke last week. It just completely flustered me. I was on the verge of tears because I was so overwhelmed by it all, and that was just the last straw. It was something that wasn't so bad in the long run... we could live without a garage door opener and park on the driveway. But at the time, it felt like the end of the world.

So here I am... going to work on a new motto for my self and the 2 of 3 children who seem to take after their mother: We are going around the leaf! Did you figure out which movie it came from? Here is a clue:

Worker Ant #1: Oh no. I'm lost. Where's the line? What do I do?
Worker Ant #2: Help.
Worker Ant #3: We'll be stuck forever.
Mr. Soil: Do not panic, do not panic. We are trained professionals. Now, stay calm. We are going around the leaf.
Worker Ant #1: Around the leaf. I-I-I don't think we can do that.
Mr. Soil: Oh, nonsense. This is nothing compared to the twig of '93.

It's from A Bug's Life! What a cute little movie! It's a family favorite around here! Anyway, from now on, at the Black Pearl Academy, we are going around the leaf!

No comments: