Thursday, May 19, 2005

Some good news!

I just got off a marathon phone-call-making session and boy is my ear sore! But it's worth it!

I found out that not on will insurance cover the speech and occupational therapy evaluations for Peanut, but that the closest facility (it's literally less than 10 minutes from home) is actually covered! I'm not sure if that's ever happened before in the history of health insurance! So I called that office - they do both speech and occupational therapy in one facility- and they will call me back on Monday with some available times for the evaluation!

Insurance has some specific criteria for whether or not they will cover any of the therapy, but they will definitely cover the evaluation which is just awesome news!! We'll cross that next bridge when we get to it! Also, I found out I don't need the referral from the primary care so even though I called to get it today, I can go ahead and make the appointment for Peanut to be seen! I can even make an appointment for Bubba to get an occupational therapy evaluation if we decide to do that!

Anyway, some good health insurance news! It's nice to get every now and then! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome news, Jennifer!!! (I am posting anon. because I am at work and can't remember my login! lol)

Lisa