Sunday, May 22, 2005

Movie Review: Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away a rather young and hip homeschooling mama left her family for the afternoon and ventured into the land of Jedi, Sith, Wookies, and "The Force". She laughed. She cried. She really LOVED the movie!

OK, I'm really too tired to keep up the whole Star Wars posting theme! LOL

If you can't already tell, I really enjoyed Revenge of the Sith. I may be one of the few who enjoyed this 2nd trilogy as much as the first. But I also really love knowing the story 'behind' the story on so much! It's one of the reasons that Buffy has such a big place in my heart... you get to KNOW the characters and they have a family and a life and connections. They have a history! I have really enjoyed learning the history of the Skywalker family! I thought little Ani was adorable, and the young Padawan Learner Anakin was fascinating. I really enjoyed watching he and Padme fall in love! And let me tell you, that young Obi Wan Kenobi? He is a hottie! So this installment that 'completes' the history of Anakin/Darth Vadar and those in his life was just such an exciting event for me! I just loved all those "OH!! So THAT'S how that happened!" moments!

There has been much discussion on whether this is an appropriate movie for young children. I'm not really sure I can answer that across the board. For the 8-12 year old child who has seen the other 5 movies, I'm not sure this would be such a bad experience, provided they are Star Wars crazy! They already KNOW what Anakin's fate is! The actual scenes are disturbing, but not incredibly so. Especially since it's not a surprise to anyone with a knowledge of the whole story that Anakin is going to betray everyone for the Dark Side. Honestly first 2 hours of the movie are no different than any other Star Wars movie! In fact, some parts were downright funny and elicited a laugh from the sold-out crowd! Now, the last 30 minutes I cried nearly the entire time! It was just so tragic! You know it's going to happen... and you even know that in the very end, everything is OK. But it's just so SAD to watch it happen! You just wanna stand up and say "NO!!! Don't do it!!!" but of course, you can't. And, don't worry, I didn't! :)

I don't have any Cons for this film! I guess I could go back and analyze everything, but I don't want to! This is one of those movies that I just truly enjoyed! The story is now complete, and I am going to have to get Return of the Jedi from netflix now, so I can see Anakin make things right! :)

May The Force be with you!

No comments: