Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Six years ago today...

I had the privilege of meeting a very special young lady! Riley was born at 11:49 pm, after a fairly short but pretty intense active labor! The big surprise that surrounded her birth was the fact that she was 9 lbs, 1 oz! Austin had been 2 pounds smaller, so we were amazed to see this big ole' baby staring back at us!

From day 1, Riley has been a character! She walked early, talked early, and basically took over any place she walked in to! She isn't afraid of trying and failing and she rarely ever gives up on something that's a challenge! She's not a quiet, demure little girl! She's loud, energetic, talkative, and bold! I often think she's going to grow up to be a lawyer because she will argue her case before you until you're ready to either blow up from frustration, or laugh your head off in amusement!

Where Austin indoctrinated me into motherhood, Riley chiseled me. She has taught me not to wear my heart on my sleeve around her! She knows the location of each of "my buttons" so I have had to be more aware of controlling my reactions with her! She also taught me that I had to keep reaching out to someone I loved, even when they wouldn't demonstrate that love back to me!

Happy Birthday, Riley! Mama loves you very, very much!

1 comment:

LisaQuing said...

Jen, what a lovely and personal tribute to Riley! I get a real sense of her personhood by reading it. And she's such a cutie in the photo!

Happy Birthday Riley!

Lisa