Friday, March 11, 2005

God's Word is alive and active in me!

I just cannot express in words how deeply this Believing God Bible study is touching me. Yesterday's video lesson was no exception! For some reason, it feels like Beth Moore has a direct line into my soul. She talks about things and teaches scripture as if she knows my heart, my fears, my insecurities. And not just the ones that I joke about with friends and online. But the deep ones. The ones that maybe only God truly understands! I don't believe I've left a session where I haven't wept at least once.

In this study, we have a 5 statement pledge of faith! I'll go into the first 4 points in another post, but #5 is God's Word is alive and active in me. I have to admit that I didn't really get what that meant until yesterday. God's Word is powerful! He didn't have to speak the world into being, yet that's exactly what He did! He could have just thought it and it would have happened.

Being created in the image of God, we also have power in our words. (Power in a good or in a bad way also!) And there is no greater power than using our mouths (in an active alive way) to express the Word of God!

I knew this in my head. It's one reason I have my kids participate in AWANA. I want them to have that scripture in their heads and in their hearts, so that when a situation arises, they can SPEAK the truth in power! But it doesn't just apply to my children!! It really does apply to me too, and I need to get that into my heart!

My next goal is to take some of these verses from this study, and some other favorites that I have underlined in my Bible, and memorize them! I'm also anxious to do this week's homework, because Beth said in the video that the homework is going to really take us step by step in how to apply this principle to our lives! That's just what I need!!!

Also, I wanted to share a line from last week's homework that really stood out at me and gave me hope: Our insecurity tends to overwhelm us on the brink of something big!! Oh WOW!! I'm going to cling to that for dear life! I don't think I've ever experience such a period of insecurity in my life! I feel like I'm paralyzed to the point where I can't even trust my own decisions and judgement at all!

I've re-read this twice and it just doesn't convey the awesome message that Beth gave in yesterday's session! I really encourage everyone to take this Beth Moore Believing God study if you can!! I think they still offer it online through Lifeway stores! :) It'll be worth it, I promise!

2 comments:

"Merci" said...

Wow Jen how COOL is that! It is SO exciting to watch God at work in you!!! Ang

LisaQuing said...

What an awesome post, Jen! I am sooo pleased for you! Sounds like this study is really making things clear for you!
Lisa