Sunday, March 13, 2005

The first 4 points!

OK, since I'm not reading the message boards anymore, I need to find something to do online! I just remembered I promised to talk about the first 4 points in the statement of faith from Beth Moore's "Believing God" bible study! So hang on, here we go!!

1. God is who He says He is!

2. God can do what He says He can do!

3. I am who God says I am!

4. I can do all things through Christ!

Of those 4 points, I think #3 has been the hardest for me to process! I honestly didn't know who God says I am! Through the study I learned that The Bible says I'm blessed, chosen, adopted, accepted, redeemed, and forgiven! In other words, loved!

The one thing that struck out at me from the study of point 3 was this verse: "Abram believed the Lord, and he credited it to him as righteousness." (Genesis 15:6)

In the simplest terms, I don't have to understand what's going on in my life. I don't have to understand what already happened in my life or why. I don't have to know right now what things are going to happen in my life in the future. I know that God is who He says He is, and that He can do what He says He can do. And HE says that He has a plan for me, and that all things works for the good of those who trust in Him.

I'm going to just Believe God about who He says I am, and trust him in His goodness! And that can be credited to me as righteousness!

Yee Haw!! And all God's people said AMEN!

No comments: