Friday, February 11, 2005

Movie Review: The Aviator

Ok, maybe my senses are a little dull. I was pretty worn out today. Or maybe it was the OTC cold remedy I took so I wouldn't sniffle throughout the whole movie. Or maybe, this is just a really dull movie!

My choices tonight were between The Aviator and Phantom of the Opera. I hear echoing in my head: "You have chosen POORLY." (Brownie points if you know what movie that is from! No fair googling!)

Seriously, I was really disappointed in this film. I really don't understand what all the fuss is about, and why it's nominated for and winning so many big awards. If this film beats out Finding Neverland for Best Picture, I will be incredibly disappointed!

The bad: Leonardo DiCaprio. He looks like a little kid dressing up in daddy's suits.

The good: Cate Blanchett. She is amazing as Katharine Hepburn! Her part was about the only redeeming factor in this whole film! The only thing that got me the list bit interested was when they got the Spruce Goose/Hercules flying towards the end!

This film gets a "1" on the Savvy Scale!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know! I know! The quote is from Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade! Now where are my brownies??

Niffercoo said...

::uploading brownies now::

Do you like turtle brownies, brownies with nuts, or just plain brownies?