Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Break Week!

Ahoy, mateys!! It be Break Week here at The Black Pearl Academy! What's that? Ye never heard of Break Week? Well, then... sit back, munch on an apple, and I'll tell ye how it goes:

Because my kids are so little, I've chosen to school year round! We officially start our new school year in August. We do school work for 4-5 weeks at a time, and then take a week off. That week is affectionately known as "Break Week!" (We also end up taking about 3 weeks off in July, when I get stuff ready for the start of the new school year in August!)

This time, though, I'm trying a new approach to break week! It involves actually taking a break! LOL Often in the past I've used the week to pile a thousand and one fun things to do into a 5 day span. Now, don't get me wrong... I love to have fun as much as the next pirate! But when you've got 3 little pirates in tow, including one miniature pirate who loves to get into trouble, it doesn't make for much relaxing!

So this week, we're just relaxing! It's 2 PM here and I'm still in my jammies, as are the kids! We may go bowling tomorrow, and we'll still have Bible Study on Thursday, but for the most part we're just going to hang around and play! It's so nice to just be around with the kids, without having to wear the teacher eye-patch!

Hmmm, maybe we'll even do a viewing of Pirates of the Caribbean this week! ARRRRRRR!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahoy, there! Break Week, tis it? Then be certain ye rustle up some pancakes! Tis a Break Week tradition on the Poppins pirate ship! There be only a week and a half til me and m' shipmates hoist anchor, drop sails, and enjoy a bit of shore leave!

Sarah

Niffercoo said...

Aye, Capn Sarah!! I expect ye be starting on your break-week voyage soon! Do ye have a compass that points north, or are you not trying to find north?

Now, pancakes! That be something to make even Capn Jack's tummy rumble! I be thankin ye for the yummy suggestion!

"Take what ye can, give nothing back!" and "Keep to the code"!!

Capn Jennifer