Sunday, January 16, 2005

Confession Time

I am a movie addict.

It really began innocently enough! I have always liked movies, and don't mind seeing good ones (well, ones I consider good!) over and over! I married a man who also likes movies, and doesn't mind seeing good ones over and over! But it was always videos from Blockbuster, or later on, DVDs from Netflix! I think I actually only went to 2 movies in the 90s.... Independence Day, and Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.

And then, something happened in the summer of 2003 that hadn't happened in a very long time: I went to a movie, and I found out that I liked it! The movie in question was Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl. It was sort of an accident that Hubby and I went to see it, really! We were out for our once-every-two-years date night, and were sitting at our favorite restaurant and needed a movie to see. We borrowed a paper and found POTC was playing at the right time! We both enjoyed the movie, but I was so disappointed when it was over. I just wanted to see it again.

So I did. And again. And again! And then... it went to the local dollar theater! I won't go into exact numbers, but suffice it to say, I saw POTC in the theater alot!! My weekly night out had become a Movie Night!

In December 2003, I was fortunate enough to get a ticket for the Lord of the Rings trilogy! I need to blog about that one day! What an amazing day! But it just fed into my movie addiction! I saw Return of the King at the theater after that numerous times. (Never more than Pirates though, no movie will ever come close to my beloved Pirates!)

So that's how I became the movie addict that I am today! I'm going to start blogging my movie reviews, beginning with this next post of the movie I saw today!

1 comment:

Broad Sword said...

Oh, do I EVER love POTC. I think I can quote it as well as I can quote Princess Bride. Let alone LOTR. :)